Sitting at His feet
This morning I went to the church to set up the tables for Young at Heart. A long lost friend is in charge of mailto:Y@H, and I felt led to help her out and get the fellowship hall ready for the luncheon so she would be surprised that it was done. I love doing things like that for people and disappearing before they have anyone to thank. Well the surprise was on me - it was already done - complete with fall centerpieces just like I planned!
So I took the next hour and sat with God and chatted about everything going on in our life and made sure He was up to date on everything. God listened patiently making no comment, and when I was done I started tidying the sanctuary. This is another garden of my life, and I realized that I am just as responsible as the next gardener for its survival. It is my home and I must really take time to tend to this garden. Brother Foxglove came in, and we chatted, I cried, he prayed and we chatted some more. He is such a wonderful supporter. I really needed his prayers this morning.
When I was finished, I went into the kitchen to make tea for the luncheon and (remember my long lost friend?) Magnolia came in complimented the hall. She was concerned because she was running late - and elated I had it done already. I started laughing and told her I didn't do it, and if she didn't do it - then who did? It could have been Tearose, but whoever it was sure blessed us both - and did it perfectly.
The prayer group was meeting and asked for an update. After listening to my novel in between sniffles, they all surrounded me and blessed me with their prayers. Oh, how my garden grows! I love my garden no matter what the day. I am blessed.
Cajunsis


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home