Tuesday, October 05, 2004

The Petals

Let me introduce you to the petals in my garden; Red is my hubby of 27 years. He is not actually a petal, but a knight riding through the garden. He has and always will be my knight - my escape from the world around me. I love him with all of my heart. Cajunrose, my firstborn, is 25 and an awesome mother to our 16 month old grandaughter, "the Princess". My son, Rycon, is 21, and going to college - for... Well, 2 weeks ago it was Computer Science, last week English major (he is an awesome writer), and this week... well, who knows. He is creating the intricate paths in my garden with his creativity.

I have more petals in my meandering garden. We are "down" to three foster children; but all four are in my heart and garden forever. Meet Wildflower, my 18 year old "former foster" niece, our 15 year old Rose, our 13 year old Violet, and the golden Marigold foster nephew of 12. The children came to us in a frantic gust, but have settled into a gentle breeze with occasional thunderstoms - all vital for my garden to grow.

I am a writer. I have always loved making words come to life, and by doing so bringing you into my life to share our garden. I meander though the paths that life has given me, often wondering what would have happened if I had taken one more traveled. I invaribly come back to the same decision. These paths have opened to me for a reason, and though I don't see it now, someday the secret will be revealed. God has given me so many places to pause and enjoy the view that I no longer feel the need to know His secret. It is no longer a passion to know the answers, but a mystical dream of "someday" there will be a new path. Until then, I will continue to meander through the flowers and enjoy the petals that grace my garden.

Do you have time to share my garden?
Cajunsis


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home