Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Drippy Days

Today is a very drippy day. It started raining last night and has not let up - but it is a nice soft rain that will soak right in and water all the garden quite nicely. I like drippy days - they are good for me to recollect my thoughts - even if I am on the road. Living in our area, rainy days are often common - especially in the winter. Though it is fall now, rain still is common - especially with storms in the gulf brewing. Iris and I see a blob in the gulf and watch with a weary eye.

I have an appointment with Brother Foxglove today. I really feel very depressed about the whole family situation, and maybe he can help me see what God really wants me to do. I feel like I have done the only thing I could do. I love glancing about the garden and admiring the view when I have time, but Red thinks it is time to trim the vines away that are choking us. He thinks the vines are beautiful, but given too much area, they choke out the rest of the view - and in all honesty, I am being choked by all the feeders that the vines require. I love them, don't get me wrong, but vines will be vines and with time they take over the world. Brother Foxglove may be able to put the garden in perspective again, and maybe I will be able to nurture once and for all.

I have a Girl Scout Service Unit meeting again tomorrow. Where oh where is the time to nurture this part of my garden? I keep thinking I will have to replace it with more self-sufficient plants, but I cannot find any that will fill the area as nicely as these do. I have met Lily here, and Jasmine, and Petunia and... well I could go on and on. Friends truly grow in this part of my garden. I feel like the very veins of my life flow with nurishment every time I help a child by helping their leaders. I love tending to this part of my garden even if I seldom have time. I will find a way to get ready to host the meeting and make the garden grow. Will I eventually have to let this part go? Life and sunshine will lead the way - and I will follow.

Off to meet Brother Foxglove - wish me love, understanding and patience. I am weepy already - though I stay that way a lot lately.

cajunsis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home