The Blessing Of The Fleet
Do you know what the Blessing Of The Fleet is? It is a big water parade with boats - decorated and parading - in the river in a huge circle celebrating the Blessing of the SHRIMP fleet. It starts early Sunday morning and ends hours later when the Queen and King toast and the priest blesses the fleet of shrimp boats. I love watching it for some odd reason. It is relaxing sitting on the warf and watching the boats, the seagulls, and listening to the kids squeal. I would miss the Blessing if I ever forgot it. That is high on my priority list of things to do for the S & P Festival. The next thing is the art show - always wonderful.
We walked up the bridge (boy was that fun!) to watch the fireworks this year. It was beautiful. I love fireworks anyway, and not many people venture to the bridge, so it is also quiet. Good suggestion Steph. We usually sit on the Flood Wall and watch. It is often crowded and noisy.
After the fireworks we went and listened to Restless Heart the country band. A nice ending to a great day!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home