Our garden is wet today
Unfortunately, the garden is very wet today, but it will do worlds for my blooms. I always try to look on the bright side of the rainbow, but it is often difficult these days. Matthew became a depression yesterday, and has rained himself silly for 3 days. Lily and I knew that he was a depression and discussed it for days, before the weather service decided to finally take the honor. Oh, what Lily and I could tell them!
Today all the soccer games have been cancelled. Oh, darn! We don't have to go sit in the hot sun and watch the ball go round and round in the garden. Instead, I will enjoy the raindrops pitter pattering on the outside window sill and watch the lazy day go by. Rain is good for the soul - and for the garden as well.
LINKS weekend is a totally fun weekend - for Girl Scout leaders only - at an awesome camp about 2 1/2 hours from here. I was supposed to go to LINKS weekend yesterday, but alas, my family's social worker had difficulties finding respite care. Surprise! Surprise! I totally wasted $37.00 for them not allow me to go because of difficulties placing the children. I am, of course, disappointed as I really needed the break.
It would have been a fun weekend, but maybe it just meant I needed to stay at home and nurture my family - in particular my hubby. He and I are going through trying times right now, and though I feel certain we will make it, a bit of nurturing will go a long way. Gardens always need nurturing, don't they? Lily is the only one that knew I really wanted to go, and she thought the whole respite ordeal stunk right along with me. What a friend I have in Lily!
Let me tell you a bit about Lily. I named her so because of the constant peace that she brings me - so she has become my peace lily - supplying constant strength and peace in my weak moments. Lily has stood by me through thick and thin, and everytime I needed a shoulder to lean on, Lily has been right there. We have become quite close, sharing our marvels of new growth, picking the little bugs out of our lives, and chatting about new blossoms in the garden. I am so thankful that Lily has chosen me to be her friend. Can a garden have a Peace Lily growing in a Rock of Gibraltar? She would be mine.
Today is beginning - and I am off to listen to those pitters of rain and chat with Red. I will spend today enjoying my good fortune and his nature, and just maybe I will lap up some of his strength.
Cajunsis


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home