Back to the prairies where the fairies were dancing :-)
After the funeral, we went to Red’s mom’s house and I went straight to the hot tub and just sat for over an hour. Rod and mother took us to eat at T-Bones, where we (Red and I) asked Shirley (the owner) to make us each Bourbon steaks – we needed a treat. She came back with the best steaks ever. We drank and dined for over 2 hours, sharing jokes it my in-laws and listening to new ones Shirley came up with. It was so fun and relaxing.
I had called mother last week and asked her to set the tub around 104 degrees for me – my perfect temp and she did it while we were on the phone chatting. Usually, they have it around 110, but that is entirely too hot for me. She didn’t mind turning it down for a few days.
When we got home, I went straight back to the hot tub, opened the windows and sat for another 2 hours. We had a nice cool front and the temp was around 50 degrees – pure Heaven; cool weather/hot tub. I played with the jets and found the ones I liked best (on my feet, calves, lower back and shoulders) and just jelled. At night, I turned on the blue light in the water really low and sat and gazed at the stars – by myself - no one else was silly enough to stay in past 30 minutes. I stayed in until I got too hot, got out, cooled off, and went right back in. Occasionally I went and refilled my drinks. :-)
For the next two days, I spent nearly every waking moment in the hot tub outside in the gazebo. (Is that what it is called? It is enclosed with windows). I was in it at 5:30am and closed it at 12 am… lol… I did get out a few times and go visiting (and I had to shop at the antique store there that is to kill for) – but otherwise I just rested and relaxed. It was such a nice break. Steve and his family caught up and I was able to recollect my thoughts in quiet, peaceful surroundings.
So I wanted you to know, in the midst of this madness I had a great few days and loved having no pressures. It was wonderful!
See? It CAN happen :-)
Cajunsis


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home