Friday, October 15, 2004

Pre-Trial Jitters

The garden is a bustle of activity today - all the critters getting ready for the winter. Looking about, it seems like I should be doing the same, but I cannot. The days are getting shorter, the nights are getting longer, and tomorrow never seems to come, but yet it is here already. What is going on? Why can't I see clearly?

Primrose brought back the checkbook and remainder of the troops supplies. Why do parents think it is ok to spend the girl’s money? She did not have troop meetings after the cookie sale, and since she was closing the troop she took it upon herself to use the rest of the money to buy shirts and stuff for them. No amount of discussion would convince her that she needed to return the items she bought and put the money right back in the account. The troop has a zero balance. I turned the issue over to Council. How sad.

We interviewed with the Oak yesterday and she thinks we are ready. Rose had to repeat the sordid details to them and was a bit nervous, but otherwise handled it well. Oak asked if it was possible for Orchid to get here for Monday – from 700 miles away! Gosh, Orchid was coming, but Rose did not want her to hear the details by being in the court room, so she decided not to come. Now I will be calling her today (Friday) to be here Monday. I hope she can come. The reason Oak wants her here is to be able to discount anything she can about Poison Ivy. I called her at the end of the interview and she will try to do it. We will see…

As I walk through my garden today, I see that fall is coming. Leaves are starting to fall all around the paths and scatter about as I browse through the mixture of flowers, plants and trees. How does one begin to start tidying up the mess that was once a beautiful garden? Being overwhelmed, I finally just sit on the bench and watch the leaves scurrying about in useless motion – and enjoy being at peace in my garden. Tomorrow, I will start to gather the debris and tidy up my garden – until then, I will enjoy the bees and butterflies frantically racing to get the last bits of pollen of the season.

Cajunsis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home