Friday, October 22, 2004

A Sad Day - Grandma's Funeral

I sat in the church and looked about us, collecting the view. There are merely 9 family members at grandma's funeral and a handful of ladies from the church - about 14 people total. Of course, she lived in Washington, but she used to live here in Healdton, Ok. The preacher, whom she never met, delivered a wonderful Eulogy about a women he never knew - a woman we never knew.

Ladies from the church came and talked to us about Grandma and it seemed as if they were talking about a lady *I* had never met - even though I had known her and loved her for 27 years. They offered kind words about her, and praises of her sweetness. This? Was it Grandma they referred to? Whatever happened to turn her so bitter towards the world? They honestly knew a wonderful, sweet women - a lady I never saw.

I am sad that I never met the women they knew - I always wanted another grandma to cherish. She never liked me, and I never knew why.

I am ok with that now - I don't understand why she never gave me a chance, but I still loved her. I hope she has finally found peace.

Thank you kind ladies, who introduced me to a lady I had never met - my husband's grandma. I will now remember that she was once a wonderful lady.

Cajunsis


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home