A day to forget
OCS came again today. These were the big dogs from the big city. They oversea the local underdogs. I gave them everything they needed in between the tears of frustration and nerves - my garden pots are crumbling - the flowers are wilting.
When they left, I went immediately to the bank - remember Columbus Day? and paid bills, deposited money and came home to do some filing. I have to utilize every corner of my garden with stuff and every moment with something - or there is not enough room for life or time in my day.
I am standing right smack in the middle of my garden - and I twirl around looking for the sunshine to break through the clouds and light my way. In that corner, it is drizzling. Over there - it is hailing, no I cannot go there. I just want a gentle path out. I continue to turn. There is a thunderstorm, and there is - oh gosh, there is a huge hole. The briarpatch is there, and the bees are right there. There is no hope for sunshine or a smooth path to the beach.
I just got a call from an "old time" friend - one of the petals in my life. Her son, Danny, was tragically killed in an automobile accident. He was 23. The petals continue to fall. And the storm engulfs me. I continue to turn. The days get darker and darker.
Welcome to my garden.
Cajunsis


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home