Sunday, October 10, 2004

*sigh*

I feel horrible. I bled all day yesterday - but after the initial bleed though, it was not as bad. I figure if I had worst case scenario last time, then I knew that I still had tons of blood to loose before - well - you know. Ok, so I was hoping. But, I did pray my way (and psych myself) once again through this crisis. If you prayed too, thanks - it worked! We did it! No blood this morning, but I feel really rotten. I am going to rest all day and try to regain my strength for the weeks ahead.

Church. Oh my goodness. I wish I had an answer for that. Brother Foxglove gave me a visual that I can use to help figure out where I belong. I rephrased it a bit but it is the same jist. We are all like a huge potato vine. There are clumps of us on the root; the Methodist Church's here, the Baptist's ones there - and over there are the Episcopalian's. (Did you see that Lily?) If you pick up the top part of the vine, you have all God's children in one hand - but looking down, there are lots of potatoes scattered about. Which potato is the right one to pick? I have been going to the Methodist Church for years - not because I am Methodist but because I am comfortable there. I was raised in a Christian Church and went to a Baptist when I started going on my own as a teen.

Originally, I started in this Methodist Church because we were new in town and my new friend invited me. The glove fit so I wore it. The glove is no longer fitting me well, but it is still comfortable. I feel it is a dying church (not all Methodist's - just this one) because there is a wisteria vine overtaking the potato, yet I am comfortable. I don't have to look for new colors, I don't have to shop - and you know how much I hate shopping, and I don't have to decide if I want leather or cloth. So I just continue with those tight fitting gloves dreaming of owning a new pair. When will I go shopping? Do I still like comfortable? Wisteria vines are beautiful, but eventually they choke out all that try to thrive... leaving... the wisteria vine. Why can't the other plants thrive in the same garden? Why does the wisteria seem to enjoy the other flowers lack of perserverence?

Ahh, the phone beckons...

"The Princess is coming! The Princess is coming!" Oh, how I need to see her. She puts the sunshine in my garden and brings all the rays with her - her mommy and daddy when he is home; and her uncle comes to see her as well - and then my day is complete :-) We bbq in the garden every Sunday, and when we do, I feel like I am home again. It is family day and we are a unit once again.

I was thinking everything in my garden is for a reason. Remember when I said that I couldn't go to LINKS? I guess God knows just what he is doing doesn't he? I am sure He saved my life by "insisting" I stay home by not providing respite care for me. He knew I needed healing time and He gave it to me in His own divine way. And I wouldn't have seen the Princess and her sunshiny rays either. Yes, the garden is beautiful today - and I am alive to browse through it.

Awww... look at the blooms :-) Maybe I am feeling better.

Cajunsis


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home