Columbus Day :-)
Did Columbus really discover America? I need to really read up on this...
Why is the Post Office celebrating Columbus Day? What did they have to do with Columbus? Just wondering - I am thinking there was no mail in his day...
The banks... what do they have to do with Columbus Day? Why in the world do they need off? Is there some kind of celebration I am missing?
Do they even know anything about Columbus?
Ok, so if you have failed to figure it out - I missed the fact it was a HOLIDAY!
I sat early in the wee hours of the morning writing checks and diligently making a "to do" list. I went to the bank - it was closed. I went to the Post Office - yeah, it was closed too. I did get to pay the light bill and get groceries (I guess they didn't know about Columbus), but I want a day off, too! I promise to read up on Columbus Day so I can have my break next year!
Oak wasn't off - or if she was, she called from the Court House to let us know that they were working on Wildflower's plane tickets and hotel room. She also spoke with me about the general state of affairs and just how furious poison ivy made her. He is such a... oh, maybe I cannot say that here.. Ok, he is poison ivy and spitting venom from the snakes that he harbors. God is working with me - I promise. Even God loves snakes and poison ivy - but he Has yet to convince me they have a place in my garden!
Off to read up on Columbus!
Cajunsis
PS: I got to walk with the Princess 1 block to the store and 1 block back. Miss independent would not let me carry her - but she insisted on carrying her groceries (1 potato) home in her bag. Oh how I love the princess! We strolled casually to and from the store. She heard dogs in her garden, and we chatted about doggies for a good part of the trip - her pausing to listen to their banter and telling me all about it. She lights up my garden every time I see her. Thank you God, Steph and Todd for taking me on this walk.
Cajunsis


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home