Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Bad news...

This morning we woke up to find out a levee in New Orleans had breeched. How devastating. They are frantically working to get it fixed and I hope they do. They think a barge hit it and broke it during the hurricane. I am not sure if it is a river levee or a lake levee. I hope they fix it soon.

We are leaving to go back to swampland today. Todd knew of a great back road route up here and we are going to take it back. Poor Raelee kept looking for fast food signs on the way up - but it was so country that there were none. She thought she was starving! She would see a Dollar General sign and say "THERE it is... " and "EAT?" when we passed it up - bless her heart. We finally found a place to stop and she was relieved. It was so funny :-)

Ana and John are crying. Their city is flooding and their home may be in jeopordy if it did survive the hurricane. I hope and pray that they will have a place to go back to. We recieved word today that our house had a tree down in the back yard and our fence may need help as well. Such a small price to pay in comparision.

Ana's mom is such a sweetheart (in fact they all are), but she is our cook. She has kept us all fed and happy while we were here. She is such a bubbly person I have become quite close to her. I hope we do not loose touch.

I forgot to tell you that John was Mr Krispy Kreme yesterday. He left to get gas and returned with donuts complete with the Krispy Kreme hat. It really made us all brighten up and laugh a bit. I really like this family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home