Monday, August 29, 2005

Katrina

Today she blew onshore. I think it looks like the eye came in at Venice La and it is heading north. She had been a cat 5, but was actually not as strong when she it land at a cat 4.

Katrina tore everything up as you would expect, but it looks like New Orleans was spared the brundt of it. All seems to be intact and overall it fared pretty well. The Hyatt Hotel has tons of broken windows on one side, and other buildings suffered as well, but it could have been a lot worse.

I am still leary of the floods. When we had Hurricane Andrew breeze through in 1992, we thought we were fine. The next day the floods came, complete with dead fish, alligators, and plantlife. I worry this could happen to New Orleans and the Mississippi Gulf Coast as well.

The extending families are all mixing well. We are enjoying each others company and chatting. We sit hours on end and watch the coverage. The animals are still doing well, and we only have to watch one around Raelee. She is a bit snippy, but I can understand. Aren't we all a bit out of pocket and unsure of things? I think we are all doing amazingly well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home