Sunday, August 28, 2005

Hurricane Katrina

We evacuated to Shreveport for Katrina. Steve and I disageed to what we should do. He wanted to stay (by himself) at our house. Evacuating means not getting back in and possibly getting looted. So he wanted to stay and us (Steph, Todd, Raelee and I) to go on to Shreveport. Finally, I asked him if I wanted to stay and told HIM to go, would he? He said HELL no! I said then why in the world would you expect ME to? We are partners! I WILL not leave without you! He came. Yes we were a long way from home, but with Katrina being a catagory 5 I was NOT staying.

When we arrived in Shreveport we met John and Ana and thier family. They had evacuated from thier home in New Orleans and they had two dogs. We brought 3 dogs and a cat and Steve's brother, were we evacuated to had one dog. 6 dogs and a cat with 13 people in one condo!! YIKERS! I am thankful to say that other than the normal chaos with a lot of people, it went rather well. The dogs AND CAT got along with each other for the most part and I met some really great people who ultimately were displaced to Baton Rouge. The status of thier house is unknown and they will likely not be able to check it for months.

Steph, Todd, Steve, Raelee and I along with Annie, Goosey, Lady and Patches all stayed together - the way families should do in a crisis. What a wonderful feeling to be surrounded by those you love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home