I Gave Away My Right Arm
Today I webt through all of my Girl Scout stuff and give it to the new Service Unit Manager for our area. I know this sounds absolutely weird, but I hate to let it go. Years and years of accumulation. None of it really important - but I put my whole heart in it for all those years...
You know, over the years I have given away a piece of me until I now feel like there is none of me left. I have grown through the experiences that have come my way, but I have also lost a piece of me every time I let go. I loved my kids with my whole heart, but when the left (isn't that what you shoot for?) they took away my reason for being here - after all, they didn't need me any more, right?
Then I had the neices and nephew. OCS asks me not to contact them - to let them contact me if they want to. I wait day in and day out for some contact - yet they don't. I KNOW they are making a new life for themselves, but don't they even think of us? Wonder what we are doing? How we are? *sigh* Do they think I just forgot them? They were part of my every being for 2 and a half years!
So I move on. One more piece of me left today with that Girl Scout stuff. One more piece of this puzzle I call me.
Does it ever come full circle again and do the pieces all come together again eventually? As I sit here and rest in the garden, I look off into the distance to try to grasp who I am and where I belong.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home