Nice easy day today
I slept in this morning and boy was it nice. Last night I woke up several times thinking something was just not right. Not outside my world but me personally. Have you every felt like your body parts were not in sinc with each other. Your heart was beating and you were breathing but it all didn't match up and work together like it should? That is how I woke up last night - not really sure what was going on, but glad that it finally passed. I have had some odd feelings lately; I am all weepy, I am drained, I am all senitimental, I am scared, I am enormously grateful, I am ticked, I am so very happy, I am darned mad... how can you feel all of those things at one time? The New Orleans disaster never should have happened. I cannot believe it did and I am just baffled that it is really still continuing to happen.
We went to the shelter today to drop some more supplies that people sent to Steph. I am amazed every time I go in there. There are always people in such dire need there it reminds me of how lucky I really am. Today there was a lady with a 3 year old boy with a trachyotomy. How sad. He was incredibly disabled and now homeless. My that mom and grandma had alot of responsibility on thier hands. Volunteers are fewer and fewer now. People are beginning to go about thier normal lives and forget about the need that is still there. I cannot wait to get over my cold so I can go back. I do not want to give them one more thing to worry about.
Steph and I had a class today to show beginner scrapbookers how to put it to paper. I forget how much I enjoy scrapping until I am with others doing it. I need to really concentrate on scrapping more. My goal for this next week is scrap!
Tonight Steve and I went to Outback. I bought a daiquiri and guess what?? It had COCONUT in it! Thank God I am ok, but how scary! I will start telling them no coconut so I don't croak in a restaraunt and make an obstacle of myself. I had a mild reaction and could not figure out why. Then I remembered that I had 60mg of Pred in me; and I had just pumped 4 times on my inhaler about 20 minutes prior to this - and I had just taken a tiny sip. YAY! I am here to fuss about it!
We had a nice visit during our trip there and our meal. He told me he will probably be gone for 3 weeks to Rio - I know he always underestimates, so it will be more like 4 weeks - or 5. We are planning our Cali trip for the end of October :-) Now if I can just get him to get the TICKETS!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home