Today I am humbled...
I WISH the trip had only been 10 hours - it actually took them 14 hours to make the trip to Georgia. I don't know the details other than T is sick and Mr M has terminal cancer. I wish I could have taken him and not inconvenienced their family.
Today S and I went to a nearby town to get some supplies. I actually did not feel like going, but I thought the break might do me some good and started looking forward to it. Of course being with some of my favorite people made thinking about it better. The trip there showed me that reality still exists - there are homes with roofs or shingles missing, trees down, restaraunts and stores closed, and insurance disaster centers set up everywhere. The traffic was considerably worse than normal and... well, things are just not normal.
I came home to my hubby who has had some humbling thoughts as well. We each had a few kind words for each other, I shed a few tears (you should act surprised here) and we hugged. We are so fortunate to have each other, our home and our 'treasured' possessions. Just how much will that mean to us in the years to come? Having Mr M here taught us that our 'treasures' are not treasures at all, they are only 'things' that no one else - but us - care about.
I look around our home and realize that while it seems like a little, it is so much more than a million other people just a few miles away from me have.
I think of my family and realize that that I know just where each and every member of my family is and thank God that again He has blessed me.
I bow my head and lift up those who have lost, those that are separated, those who are suffering and I ask that their needs be fulfilled.
May God be with you and yours.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home