"Punkin' Day"
Today I had to go to the bank to see how things were looking... I balance my checkbook online and since my bank is located in downtown New Orleans - it has not been posted. I am thinking the entire bank may be under water? Anyway, I have not spent a ton of money and was not particularly worried about it, but just to be on the safe side and know I went - it just seemed like the thing to do. How odd to do that... you know, see real people about your finances? lol... Well, of course things were fine so I feel much better now :-)
After running to the shelter and talking with Brother David about things, I went to the police station and got a copy of the auto theft report. They mispelled my name. BE SURPRISED HERE!! I hate the fact that I can spell it s-l-o-w-l-y TEN times and it is ALWAYS still spelled WRONG! UGH! So, I am now officially Euvha. Anyway, one more thing down. I will send this information off tomorrow to the attorneys. Why do I feel so helpless about this whole ordeal? A man is at a safe shelter and SOME A**holes take off with his car! They steal it right in front of a cop! He had no idea, but he did know who took it after we told him.
I just cannot believe it :-( How sad.
I wanted and needed some pR time. I popped in, surprised her dad and asked if I could bring her home. She came and sat with papa and I at lunch and we played CareBear dominoes. I bet few people would ever believe that Steve and I have played dominoes for over 25 years every day for lunch :-) Well, I had found CareBear dominoes a few weeks ago and pR and papa and granny all played them today. She is learning to match colors, talking a mile a minute and we had a great time. Then pR and I snuggled and went to sleep. How I miss this time I used to spend with my very own children doing the same things. I often wonder if they even remember the time we spent together.
This afternoon pR and I cooked shrimp and sausage gumbo and potato salad for supper. Granny cut the sausage, pR ate it as granny cut. Granny peeled 'tators, pR ate them, Granny grated eggs, pR ate them, Granny added pickle relish to the potato salad and pR made raspberries when she tasted it. She said it was YUCKY! lol...
What a great day it was. I love days like this in our garden.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home