Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Of all days...

I woke up with a sore throat this morning. Today I have to pay bills, take our guest to the bank in a nearby city to see if he can shake loose some money to go to his friends home in another state, and take him to the dr.

I really do not have time to be ill. I called my Dr and explained the situation (our guest has cancer and congestive heart failure) and he called in antibitics. I will start on them immediately and try to stay as far away from our guest as possible. I feel so icky I just want to crawl right back into bed and sleep.

I have great news! I did find 3 friends that had been missing. Thank goodness for Peggy, Pat and for Tom. They are all ok, except Tom lost his entire house. His daughter said there is nothing left but the pilings where it once stood. I offered our house for his family to come to. This is where you should act surprised.

I think a cold front came through. It is dry and pleasant outside today. Notice I did not say cool and pleasant. Cold fronts this time of year means taking away our humidity for a day.

I walk outside and think I am only 90 miles from total destruction and devastation and lots of death. How odd. How blessed I am to be here - even ill. Thank you for this day in my garden of life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home