I found THERESA!!
Great news! I finally got ahold of Theresa! What a wonderful thing to hear her voice :-) She actually stayed through the Hurricane Katrina (I asked her if she was STUPID) and fared rather well. She lives in Kenner (you know where the New Orleans International Airport is?) and though she has damage and no electricity they are just fine. She sent the girls up to Alexandria to a cousins before the hurricane so they are staying and they are starting school there. She said she does not intend to leave now - they are safe.
Theresa said the city of New Orleans ordered 25,000 body bags and think they may have to use every one of them and hope they do not need more. She is a court reporter in New Orleans parish so she has some contacts and has heard this from them. I am just glad she will not be one of those IN a body bag. How dare she stay? Doesn't she realize how special she is? I will kick her butt (AGAIN) when I finally see her!
I rode with Peggy to take Brian to college today. I really had a great ride. We had absolutely no trouble getting gas or anything else. We had a pleasant visit and she showed me around town. Her and Paul met there and there were a lot of memories flowing, and enjoyed them all.
Leaving Brian was difficult for Peggy and I think I know just how she feels. The closeness a mom and a son share are different than a mom and a daughter. I don't say that in a bad way, just different. There is a protective feeling a son has to a mom that you don't ever feel from anyone else... maybe that is what she is going to miss? I miss my bear hugs from Jer and I always will.
Carly is going to be an only child now that Brian is in college, too! ROFL... I keep telling her in her DREAMS - she still has 3 siblings - they will be home during breaks and summer. She pouts and says but for NOW I am an only child! How simple life is for her :-)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home