Our little Journey
Let me tell you about a girl named Journey who is three years old. She was at the shelter with her family today. Journey told S that "her piwwow dwownded and she was sad because she had to hold her piwwow to suck her thumb and she had to suck her thumb to go to sweep". She "couldn't sweep because her piwwow dwownded".
S shared this with us and it preyed on me. I finally told S I needed to go get Journey a pillow. I asked her mom what kind, size and color it was and promptly went to get her one. We decided that it was ok to be a bit different so I got her a Journey sized pillow and a royal blue pillow case. When we went back and gave it to her, she was so excited! Her whole face lit up and she told me purple was her "berry favorite color". Under the florescent lights the color did indeed look purple. She was on top of the world and I think she will now be able to sleep. I told her it was not the pillow that she lost, but it was indeed her new pillow and we hoped it helped her to sleep. She was a very happy young lady. She was guarding it with her life when we left...
This is what I live for :-)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home