Steve is gone :-(
He left this afternoon to go to Brazil. Hurricane Rita is coming into the gulf, so we took time and started pulling stuff in last night. Our last night together for weeks - and we are getting ready for a hurricane.
I don't really know why I hate being alone so much, but I do. The quietness is deafening and I am not one to watch tv. Heck, I even forget there is one to turn on most of the time. But alone is never good.
I have one friend that lasted through the kids. She called and checked up on me when she knew we were starting the court proceedings. I called her and nurtured that friendship the entire time we were going through hell and beyond. She has not called me in weeks. I called her a couple of weeks ago and she told me she had been hanging out with someone else - they have daughters the same age and I understand. I don't mind her moving on, but why do people from south Louisiana think it is ok to leave your old friends in the dust when you get a new one? I don't understand. I can have more than one friend AND I can still enjoy them all.
Alone is never good.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home