Day Two Mission
Why does something always spoil the plans I make? I woke with a start at 4:30am this morning and jumped out of bed to go see what Rita is doing. She has turned north before she was expected to and now we are in the cone of margin. YIKERS! I immediately got dressed and went outside to pull all of the rest of the stuff in. I am just about done, thank God, but I still learily watch out towards the gulf waters and wonder what Rita has in mind.
The dawn of the new day had odd colors in it - and they were amazing. As I was carrying treasures to the shop, I got a experience some incredible sites. The sunrise was one of those sites, but I also got to help a tiny gecho find a new home. I didn't think he would like the sudden attack of mail being shoved into the mailbox, so I brought him to some of his cousins on my garage door. I have about a dozen gecho's living there :-) I love them because the are peculiar looking guys and they eat mosquitos.
I also found a huge family of sparrows living in my neighbors crab traps. How cute they all are scurrying about. I had the pleasure of seeing a vermillion fly catcher in the Magnolia in front. They are gorgeous! http://www.mbr-pwrc.usgs.gov/id/framlst/i4710id.html
The best thing that happened of all, though, was my little mockingbird chattering away while I was cleaning. She and I bantered back and forth as we always do. Today she did something incredible though; I had come inside to bring something in and the phone rang. I had forgot to bring it in when I came inside, so I was running out to where I had it hanging on the Gardenia bush (everyone hangs phones there, right?). There was my little mocking bird pecking it as it rang - and cocking her head and looking at it between the rings. How funny! She is a character - what the heck will I do when she is not there keeping me in line?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home